Thursday, March 25, 2010

Toilet Paper Roll Binoculars

Letter B binocular kids craft bug safari

This is a super easy craft and the kids go buggy over it! I've been collecting toilet paper rolls since December - needless to say, we have a ton. So its time to start working with them. BB and Gigi had finished putting on and taking off most of their princess dresses so it was time to sit down to a craft.

Today we are working on The Letter B so I thought it'd be fun to go on a Bug Safari!

Supplies:
*2 toilet paper rolls (or one paper towel roll cut in half)
*Crayons, markers, glitter, stickers, jewels - whatever your little one likes to decorate with
*Colored paper to cover the rolls with, if you'd like
*Hole Punch
*Yarn
*Tape or school glue


Set up your little one with the 2 rolls and let them decorate! *If using glitter I suggest placing a baking sheet underneath to help the containment of glitter. I'm positive I'll have glitter in my carpet for many, many years regardless!

Gigi working hard on her craftEasy Kids Crafts Blog Twins Gigi and BeBe crafting!Once they are satisfied with their artwork, tape or glue the rolls together. Punch a hole into the outside of the tubes and tie your yarn to make a necklace.

Now the fun starts, hide several plastic bugs in your home or backyard and have them find them! Definitely count how many your hiding - I've found lizards in my playroom in odd places weeks after this game.



I bought some butterfly nets at the Dollar Store to help with the collection of bugs. They collect just about anything they can fit into those nets at least once a day!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails
Share/Bookmark